Created as an online group-buying company, ClickOn decided, in 2013, to become an OTA (Online Travel Agency) due to the challenges of the Brazilian market.
Take advantage of the strong brand recognition while repositioning ClickOn in a new market industry: Tourism. To make a smooth transition, the company created an online travel agency: called dudi.
Actions - Paving the way
- As the company finalized the new website, to be the first group-buying website to announce the new business model, Sing negotiated an exclusive interview for Folha de São Paulo newspaper. The half page story was published the week the dudi website was ready.
- After that, all the competitors began to announce changes in the business model, and we could always have a ClickOn spokesperson featured in their stories as the pioneer.
To offer visibility to the new ClickOn and dudi offerings, we put in place the following actions:
- Surveys along with ClickOn customers to find out their travel preferences and behavior, then pitch the press
- A press trip with journalists and influencers to Gramado, one of the exclusive packages offered by ClickOn
- Strengthen the relationship with trade media to promote travel packages and promotions
The media relations plan performed in around one year generated:
- 12 interviews granted
- 79 media requests answered
- 4 selected journalists and influencers attending the press trip
- 573 stories/notes published in the key business, consumer and travel media as Folha de São Paulo, Valor Econômico, Isto É Dinheiro, Veja São Paulo, Época, Meio e Mensagem, Mercado & Eventos, Hotêlier News, just to name a few.