Pizza Hut Restaurant’s bold Taste Freedom campaign needed to speak to a broad audience set of 16-30-year olds, with an aim of getting them to re-evaluate what they think they know about the brand.
The interests and attitudes of these audiences varies greatly, so to make it relevant for the younger end of the audience, we asked 16-19’ year old’s: ‘What does Freedom mean to you in your day-to-day life?’.
They told us that gaming and their online ‘friends’ was key to their ‘freedom’ feeling, so we brought this insight to life in a relatable way via a cross-channel campaign, led by famous YouTube influencers, The Sidemen.
The summer long campaign consisted of an in-Hut meet & greet gaming event and headline sponsorship of YouTuber convention, Upload 2017, which included experiential activations. All activity was underpinned by a robust social media strategy that maximised all interaction with The Sidemen.
- A combined total of 18 million video views
- Generated 326,550 engagements online
- 50k page visits to the Pizza Hut Restaurants campaign landing page
- Reached over 51 million people across the campaign
- sales uplift in Huts following Upload event