This Veganuary, we were briefed to raise awareness of Pizza Hut Restaurants’ (PHR) new Vegan Jackfruit Pizza and support the ‘41% Off’ discount available in Huts.
The product itself was launched for a limited time only, meaning that an instant sales lift was required to demonstrate success. After just 11 days, PHR had sold over 10,000 Vegan Pizzas, exceeding initial targets and providing a like for like uplift in sales of vegan products of 20%.
The campaign was launched on New Year’s Day, with a ‘food porn’ video showcasing the Pizza seeded out across PHR’s social channels, reaching in excess of 118k users.
In the Huts, a ‘Vegan-o-meter’ was set-up to track the number of Vegans walking through the doors, with the added incentive that the Vegan Jackfruit Pizza would become a permanent menu item if the initial target was met.
This story was shared with media, with substantial coverage appearing in UK press. We even had some fun with Piers Morgan, amplifying the launch of the PHR’s Jackfruit Pizza by asking our social community to tag Piers in a tweet about the new product! Piers responded and as a result of the online conversation, PHR’s Vegan Jackfruit Pizza appeared on Good Morning Britain.
The activity was underpinned by an ‘always on’ ad campaign, reaching 1.3m users via targeted ads across Instagram and Facebook in the first two weeks alone. To further connect with the Vegan community, we recruited 15 influencers to visit the Hut and review the Pizza and their experience.
- Over 10,000 Vegan Pizzas sold in the first 11 days
- Coverage on Good Morning Britain – approx 1.2m viewers
- Over 35 pieces of coverage secured including: Mirror Online, The Sun, Daily Star, MoneySavingExpert.com, LadBible
- Social ads reached 1.3m users in first two weeks
- Reactive tweet resulted in – 3.15m reach / 6.3k RTs / 38k engagements
- Piers responded to his 6.5m followers, engaging 5k users